Today is a Bittersweet Day for Me


While I am glad to still have my job, a number of folks I have known for years now do not. Sure, now I am part of one of the largest online companies (I think you know who I am talking about), but it surely will not be the same now that I cannot share that with some people I have come to know and trust quite a bit.

This sucks. I wasn't directly affected and yet, I feel probably as crappy as any of them do. Perhaps it is because I have been through something like this before and I can understand. Perhaps I am just pissed at how the whole thing was handled with very little discretion -- hell even the online rags knew more than us employees did and certainly long before we were given any info.

I wish employees were treated like people (yes! we are people!) and not as commodities to be bought and sold when the whim strikes. Often enough, employees have about as much value as office supplies and that is wrong. I'm just thankful that we don't depreciate in value (at least as quickly) as the rest of a companies property.

Today will be a hard one to get over. But get over it I must. Ugh.

1 Response to Today is a Bittersweet Day for Me

  1. Anonymous says:

    hey dawg I know what you are going through I have seen it fist hand. I do not agree with it but... shit i do not know. hey bro I think i know a few of these folks and I feel for them. And I will pray find that they will find another ventur and hey if they need some exta ends drop my name and i will give them a job to help them out in the middle...... I feel for all